6709 State Road 70 East, Bradenton, FL 34203 | (941) 896-9921 | Mon-Fri 10am-6pm & Sat 10am-2pm
Johnson PhotoImaging has been at the forefront with its photo education programs in Manatee County since 1999. We offer targeted workshops and classes that take photographic efforts to the next level, whether a beginner or an advanced photographer.
Our instructors are professional in the topics they teach and are up-to-date with the latest industry equipment and techniques. Lifelong hobbies have been established, and careers have been launched from our educational programs.
Make sure to sign up on our e-mail list to get the latest updates.
As a reminder, under the current public health situation, if you have special health conditions or have concerns with any class, please contact the store at (941) 896-9921 about options that may be available to you. Store hours are from 10 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday and 10 AM to 2 PM Saturday. You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com.
You can view past webinars and other instructional videos. Make sure to hit that subscribe button to get notifications when the next video posts. Click here to view.
We are looking at the new Olympus O-MD E-M10 IV during the online Olympus Users Group session. Check out the video here!
Call JPI to check for availability (941) 896.9921.
From JPI InFocus
Dates & times posted in print and online are subject to change. JPI reserves the right to reschedule any event or program.
Click on the link in the Class Description section and register via Eventbrite. Registration is also available by calling the store at (941) 896-9921. All educational program fees are due upon registration. If you have a JPI gift card or a free class voucher, please call JPI to register.
There are no refunds. Outside events are rain or shine.
Online Class Durations
The class duration may vary from the designated time, depending on group size and involvement. Each class has an active participation element and expects full interaction with each student. The goal is for everyone to learn, create, and enjoy. All are scheduled to begin at the start times listed on the individual event page. Please be prepared 15 to 10 minutes early before the online session starts to ensure the best educational experience.
Software Lessons • Base level knowledge of your computer's filing system, storage locations, and active shortcuts will go a long way towards enhancing your experience in those courses and with your computer system.
Online Tutorials • After registering, you'll receive a link to your online session with the instructor. If you need to make other arrangements for date and time, please call JPI. Online sessions are through Zoom.
Video Classes • After registering, you'll receive a link to your video class. You'll have 30 days after your purchase to view the lesson.
• Camera Basics - A class designed for new camera owners, specifically for D-SLRs or Mirrorless systems.
Topics that will be covered: • Exposure • Composition • Use of Lenses • Subject Development • Creative Thinking • Menu Navigation • Maintenance.
FEE $75 - Free with a camera purchase from JPI. If you have a free ticket or gift card, please call JPI at (941) 896-9921 to RSVP your spot. Januray 9th at 2:30 PM.
• Beyond the Camera Basics - Leaving the Automatic Zone but still need help navigating the photographer's road rules. Join Foto Dono as he guides you through manual settings and working with the exposure triangle (ISO • Aperture • Shutter).
Fee - $75 - December 19th at 2:30 PM.
What will be covered: Exposure Settings • Depth of Field • Freezing and Blurring Motion • Use of Lenses • Subject Development • Creative Thinking • Lighting your subject • Expansion & Compression.
A basic understanding of your camera's navigational features will go a long way towards enhancing your experience in this course. Please have your - Mirrorless or D-SLR - battery fully charged.
• Camera Menus and Photography - An interactive online camera course or in-store tutorial with a photo instructor. You'll receive guidance through your Mirrorless or D-SLR camera's primary menu & button controls and operations.
The instructor will cover exposure, focusing, scene settings, and shooting modes and share practical tips.
Tutorials are scheduled for once a week at 6:30 PM. Click here for available dates. If you need to make other arrangements for date and time, please call JPI at (941) 896-9921. Ask for Dono, Director of Education. - Fee $100 for 90 minutes.
• Weekly Lessons in Lightroom - Lightroom lessons are one on one with an instructor either online or in-store. There are scores of videos online about Lightroom. However, if you are looking for more of a personal guide to Lightroom Classic, you can join Mike for his weekly lessons. Lightroom is a powerful tool for the photographer. It is an organizer, editor, and can output creative works in a myriad of ways. Whether you're a beginner looking for a solid foundation in importing, organizing, and editing; or an experienced user wanting to explore new options to augment your workflow, our instructors have the experience to guide you.
• Weekly Photoshop CC Editing Lessons - If you are looking for more of a personal guide to Photoshop, you can join Mike for his weekly lessons. He provides one-on-one guidance through many topics like - image compositing, color corrections, working in layers, digital asset management, advanced operations, selection tools, basic editing settings, and much more. Although this usually is for 1-hour, extra time is available at the hourly rate.
Lightroom and Photoshop Lessons are typically scheduled Tuesday through Friday at 4:30 or 6:30 PM. If you need to make other arrangements for date and time, please call JPI at (941) 896-9921. You can schedule an in-store appointment if you prefer. Ask for our Graphic Artist, Mike. You can reach him Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 5 PM. - FEE - $100 for 1-hour for either lesson.
The video classes are designed for the first-time owner of a Mirrorless or DSLR camera or have just been away for a long time and want to get back into photography.
Along with practical tips, topics include exposure, depth of field, scene settings, and shooting modes. Learn to get out of the Automatic Zone! What will be covered: Exposure • Composition • Use of Lenses • Subject Development • Creative Thinking • Menu Navigation • Maintenance • Basic Camera Settings.
• Camera Basics - A Video Class - A Johnson PhotoImaging Video Class. Designed for the first-time owner of a Mirrorless or DSLR camera or have just been away for a long time and want to get back into photography. The instructional video is a guide through the primary menus & button controls, and operations for your new Mirrorless or D-SLR camera. The featured cameras in the presentation are Canon, Nikon, Olympus, and Sony camera systems. The class is a general overview of the most common features to any camera systems.
Recommended Cameras - Any mirrorless or DSLR systems.
The fee for the video class is $50*. The course is available for free with a qualifying camera purchase from JPI.
• Nikon Camera Basics - A Video Class - Designed for the first-time owner of a Nikon Mirrorless or DSLR camera or have just been away for a long time and want to get back into photography. The class video is a guide through the primary menus & button controls, and operations for your new Nikon Mirrorless or D-SLR camera. The video showcases fundamental features like memory management, control panels, custom modes, and a brief guide through Nikon's menu system.
Recommended Cameras - Nikon Z50, Z5, Z6, Z7, D3500, D5600, and D7500. The class covers general and applied knowledge about current Nikon camera systems.
• Olympus Camera Basics - A Video Class - Designed for the first-time owner of an Olympus MIrrorless camera or have just been away for a long time and want to get back into photography. The class video is a guide through the primary menus & button controls, and operations for your new Olympus camera. The video showcases fundamental features like memory management, control panels, custom modes, and a brief guide through Olympus menu system.
Recommended Cameras • E-M10 Mark III and IV • E-M5 Mark II and III • E-M1 Mark II and III. The class covers general and applied knowledge about current Olympus camera systems.
The fee for either the Nikon or Olympus video class is $75.*
*If you have a gift card or a free class voucher, please call JPI at (941) 896-9921 to register.
A guide to capturing images close to home with photographer Jillian Bell - December 2nd at 6:30 PM.
Grab your camera and head out the door because we’re going to satiate that inner wanderlust with Jillian Bell. This class will serve as a practical guide to venturing out and exploring your city like a tourist – only with better images for your “gram.” So, go ahead and venture into downtown where photographic scenes are made up of shapes, lines, and reflections. And yes, foodie pics allowed!
JILLIAN BELL is a member of the National Technical Team for Tamron USA, Inc. Photographer, Educator, and Artist. She tastefully merges form and artistic flair; her emphasis lies in the subtle details. Jillian travels the country, educating consumers on choosing the right equipment for varying needs. Photography is a useful tool, and her goal is to inspire others and help them build on their photographic skills to create better, more consistent results.
A guide to better plant photography with Janet Vuong - December 9th at 6:30 PM.
Stop and smell the roses with Janet Vuong. Whether you're visiting your local botanical garden or wanting to capture the alien plant that finally grew from that mysterious envelope you received in early summer, then this webinar is for you! This informative class will discuss the best time of day to visit your local botanic garden, finding subjects other than plants or flowers, and helpful hints on how to best capture them.
JANET VUONG, Tamron Tech Rep, has worked in the photographic industry for over a decade. She truly enjoys educating both the consumer and dealer on photography and product capabilities. At an early age, Janet picked up her family's camera, began shooting, and quickly discovered her natural composition talent. She later fine-tuned her photographic eye in a black and white course during college and went on to shoot famed DJs and nightlife in and around Los Angeles' hotspots. When she's not traveling the country, she's either salsa dancing, hand-feeding hummingbirds, or shooting 8-ball.
A guide to photography when light is limited with Erica Robinson - December 16th at 6:30 PM.
Bring a tripod and venture into the night with Erica Robinson. This how-to class will discuss techniques to photograph low light situations. First, what is low-key photography, and how can it maintain detail within shadows. We'll grab a flashlight and discuss fun painting with light techniques. Lastly, we'll venture out and illuminate traditional night photography skills looking to the stars for detail. Don't be scared… join.
ERICA ROBINSON has always had a strong passion for photography and travel, but she found her true love once merging the two. After studying photography in college, her first adventure was working photography for a cruise line out on ships. Trying to pursue a different genre, she then worked with talented Boston wedding photographers while learning the technical side working for a local camera store. Photography is an incredible tool that allows us to stop a moment and relive it every time we look at the image. She genuinely enjoys teaching others how to capture that moment, to relive it over and over again.
The Low Light Group is open to all interchangeable lens cameras (ILC) - Mirrorless or DSLR - users interested in Low Light Photography. Hosted by Donovan (Dono) Evans, the Group will explore low light photography's unique properties with presentations and field trips. There are no fees or dues for joining this Group. However, some group activities have expenses. Field trips and other similar events are scheduled when appropriate. If you have any questions, you can e-mail Dono at firstname.lastname@example.org - The next meeting is TBA
The Olympus User Group will be meeting is TBA
The Group is open to the public and photographers interested in Olympus micro 4/3 mirrorless systems. There are no fees or dues for joining this Group. However, some group activities have expenses.
Special Guest - Olympus Specialist Carlos Quilichini